Monday, March 23, 2009

Paradise has a name - Bali!

The property in Bali

Some years ago I entertained thoughts of buying a lovely holiday property in Bali but since I had no intention to live there all-the-year-round, I tried to interest some "joint venturers" to share the place with me on pretty simple and straight-forward lines as set out in this proposal.

At the time, I was able to attract only one serious participant and the property has since sold - and what a bargain it was, too! - but I have my eyes again on another little piece of paradise in North Bali (see picture on left). I could afford to buy it outright myself but it wouldn't make much economic sense having such beautiful spot sit empty for much of the year so I'm again looking for some "joint venturers" who share the same dream of owning a piece of paradise and living there for part of the year.

It wouldn't be a money-making scheme (neither for me nor for them) but rather a lifestyle investment and the capital cost would be around AUS$40,000 to AUS$50,000 in exchange for which each "partner" would own his or her personal bungalow. There are four bungalows altogether so the "joint venture" is limited to a maximum of four partners. Padma and I would own one (or possibly two) which leaves room for another two or three participants.

There is no catch, no hidden traps, just a straight-forward sharing between three or four like-minded people.

If you are interested, why not email me for more information? As Humphrey Bogart said in CASABLANCA, "Louise this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship." (my apologies if your name isn't Louise :-)